Saturday, August 2, 2014

NONET

           We are indebted to Gail Denham of Oregon for information on this form.

          The nonet is a 9-line, syllable-count structure. Some definitions available on the internet tell us that rhyme is not required, but internal rhyme may be used.  Others speak of rhyme as "optional". Line 1 contains 9 syllables; line 2 contains 8; and so on down to line 9 with a single syllable. The poem may be humorous or serious, but I think one must assume, as with the etheree that message is the important item.

           The example is from the internet.

           The Child In Me

            When I see beauty all around me,
            when everyone’s sweet and gentle,
            when my heart is full of joy,
            when love’s blooming inside,
            I know she is there --
            the child in me:
            genuine,
            simple,
            pure.

                                           Brenda ?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home